With SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), users can create a Story, Digital Boardroom Presentation, or an Analytics Designer application depending on the use case. And in most cases, they would like to access these artifacts from anywhere anytime on any device.
When it comes to accessing any SAC content on a mobile device (iOS or Android), SAP recommends the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile Application as the preferred option.
1. Accessing SAC Stories:
SAC Story is already supported on iOS devices, so users can access it from their iPhones and iPads today through the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile Application. SAC Stories is planned to be supported on Android tablets and phones by H1 2020.
2. Accessing Digital Boardroom Presentations:
If you have created Digital Boardroom presentations in SAC, you can also access those on iOS devices today, however the Android support timeline is being worked on.
3. Accessing Analytics Designer Applications:
If you want to access the Analytics Designer applications on mobile devices, (both iOS and Android), you can access those through SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile application, as its planned to be supported by H1 2020.
Users can derive additional value through the SAC mobile application than going through the device browser.
To name a few:
- SAC Mobile application is designed to provide optimal mobile experience while interacting with your SAC content
- Finding information / insights is much more intuitive through the personalized view of Favorites/ Featured content. Having a default story or presentation as the landing page of the application enables quick access to your content.
- Having one touch, yet fully secure access to your content (Mobile Application has an additional app password (Touch id/Face id can be used instead) in addition to the SAC authentication mechanism
- Mobile Application uses responsive layout concepts, so you can design your content only once, same for both the desktop and mobile. It would resize itself for all device sizes (in the case of phones it would show one widget below the other). This is applicable to SAC Story and Digital Boardroom Presentations. If you want to understand more on this topic, I recommend you to go through some of the blogs as below:
- Caching / offline – Currently the application also provides a way of accessing the content without network connection through caching capabilities, and there are enhancements planned to make the feature more exhaustive
- Annotations – Being able to take a screenshot and share with colleagues highlighting certain part of the report
- Collaborations – Starting a discussion with your colleagues on the content
- Notifications – Receiving notifications on your device for any updates, new shared content or discussions, in the future this would also support data alerts
- Support for various Mobile Application Management tools to have additional security and easy onboarding of your users by pushing certain configurations
- SAC Mobile SDK – In case customers would like to customize their SAP Analytics cloud Mobile application to have their own branding or roll it out through their internal App store, they can use the SDK
There are many more interesting capabilities lined up in 2020 as part of the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile application, for instance Search to Insights, (providing natural language text search and deriving insights from the underlying models), voice enabled Search to Insights, having a personalized view to the KPIs, being able to receive data alerts, and many more.
There could also be scenarios where your user would like to access the story from another mobile application and want to have the SAC Mobile experience to continue while interacting with the Story. This is possible today with the SAC mobile application deep linking.
Having said that, there could be a few scenarios, where you would like to embed a SAC Story or Analytics App in another SAP application or third-party applications and access through the device browser. We are working on supporting such a scenario in H2 2020.
In short, when it comes to accessing SAC content on mobile devices, it is the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile application, which you can download today from the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore by H1 2020.
Watch out for this space for blogs on our complete embedding strategy on mobile. To learn more about SAC, follow the below URL:
All the timelines mentioned here are subject to change. Please work with your SAP representative to find out the latest roadmap information. Or you could access the below URL: