So, you’ve signed up for the free SAP Analytics Cloud for planning trial and you’re probably thinking: “Now, what?” If this is the case, then this blog post is for you!
Get the most out of your trial with the SAP Analytics Cloud for planning Trial Guide
SAP’s Global Center of Excellence has created an SAP Analytics Cloud for planning Trial Guide to help you gain the most out of your free 90-day trial. From learning how to build an accurate planning model to creating a predictive forecast, this guide provides numerous tutorials on how to leverage the many amazing features in SAP Analytics Cloud for planning, so you’re equipped to make intelligent, data-driven decisions that future proof your business.
To follow along with the tutorials, download the SAP Analytics Cloud for planning Trial Guide and sample datasets, here.
What does the guide cover?
The guide was designed to walk you through an end-to-end user experience of SAP Analytics Cloud for planning. In this guide, you’ll learn about:
- Building a Planning Model: The “Model Build” chapter will guide you through the creation of a planning model, including how to:
- Build a currency conversion table,
- Create account, organization and product dimensions,
- Import your data into your model.
- Crafting Compelling Stories: In SAP Analytics Cloud, stories are presentation-style documents that visualize your data. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to extract valuable insights on the fly and create charts, grids, text, images, and other visualizations to bring your data to life.
- Creating Key Performance Indicators and Running Allocations: Establishing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) is an essential part of the financial planning and analysis process. In the first part of the “Profitability” chapter, we’ll demonstrate how to create KPIs. Then, we’ll walk you through a Profit and Loss planning use case to demonstrate how to set up and run allocations.
- Forecasting Future Financial Outcomes: In SAP Analytics Cloud, there are various forecasting features that can help your organization simulate and predict future business outcomes. In the chapter, you’ll gain an understanding of how to create a predictive and rolling forecast, so you can create accurate, data-driven plans.
- Data Action Calculations: Learn how you can enrich your stories and planning scenarios by leveraging the different Calculations features in SAP Analytics Cloud. In this section, we’ll address how you can build, add, and run data actions in SAP Analytics Cloud—no coding experience necessary!
- Value Driver Trees: Value Driver Trees is an analysis tool for creating “what-if” simulations in your planning models. This helps your organization gain an overall view of how certain scenarios impact specific areas of your business. In the chapter, we’ll go over how you can create a Value Driver Tree in SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
- Collaboration: Last but not least, the final chapter of our guide will go over collaboration in SAP Analytics Cloud. It isn’t a well-kept secret that team collaboration greatly influences your organization’s success. That is why SAP Analytics Cloud contains a variety of useful collaboration tools designed to ensure you and your teammates are always on the same page.
Are you ready to start your learning journey?
If you haven’t already, kickstart your SAP Analytics Cloud for planning learning journey and download the Guide and Sample Data today.