This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.21. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.207 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.109 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Smart Predict: Smart Predict enhancements
- Planning: Table loading improvements
- Planning: Input task improvements
- Planning: Support commenting on data points in local currency
- Planning: Calendar improvements
- Planning: Advanced formula enhancements
- Planning: Cross-model copy action
- Data Integration: Optimized acquisition of deep BW hierarchies
- Mobile: Dynamic Text within chart titles and subtitles
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
We’re making Smart Predict even easier to use! The variable auto-selection for classification and regression models in the settings panel are now simplified for better readability, as well as the Apply Model settings for time-series forecasting models.
Create tables in a matter of seconds! Loading time is reduced as the initial drill state, or initial table, is now set on the following parameters:
- Accounts on rows and filtered to the first account
- Drill level 1 and only showing the first account
- Version on columns and filtered on the first version
Ready to jump in and help on tasks that are already in progress? With this new feature, you can reassign the task to whoever you’d like.
Share your thoughts with ease when collaborating on models with currency. Just add your comments to the cells that contain values in local currency.
Have more control in your role when working with calendars! Check out all these new features based on your role type.
If you are a Calendar task Reviewer, you’re able to transfer, or change, the role to someone else. You can do this without needing the Creator role and is also readily available in the Reviewer section. However, this is not yet available for Calendar input tasks.
If you’re a Calendar user, the View Changes option allows you to revisit the changes you did for a Calendar object – perfect for those who may be a bit forgetful. You can review task changes before submitting and the dialog lists a summary of all performed changes.
In advanced formulas, you can define a virtual variable member to store intermediate calculated values that can be reused elsewhere when necessary. There is no need to create a temporary member to aggregate and store intermediate calculation values.
Models can now be integrated more than ever! Using Data Actions, you can now copy data from a source model to a different target model by adding a cross-model copy action. Copy rules are automatically created for members with matching IDs, and you can also overwrite generated copy rules or default target values. Don’t worry about making mistakes as there is a comprehensive auto-validate feature that will guide you when there are missing or incorrect inputs. How easy!
Please note the following:
- This is currently unique to planning models
- Automatically created copy rules cannot be inspected
- Calculated accounts cannot be copied
- Differing source and target time granularities are not supported
- Currencies are not converted – only the values are copied
Slow uploads are a thing of the past. Now, when acquiring several hierarchies, the resulting dataset will not have redundant information as rows with empty measures are removed from the flattened star schema. In the wrangling phase, the master data is displayed upfront, thus improving the usability. Less data results in a faster upload of queries.
The mobile app now supports dynamic text within chart titles and subtitles.
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.