This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2019.03. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.215 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Create full context calculations
- Planning: Data entry enhancement
- Planning: Show option for reason for unplanned data
- Planning: Unbooked data table enhancement
- Planning: BPC integration – Mass data input for BPC live connection
- Planning: Copy calculated accounts across models for Data Actions
- Planning: Advanced formula performance improvements
- Planning: Context information for input tasks in Calendar view
- Planning: Calendar style improvements
- Planning: Use input values when running a predictive forecast
- Data Visualizations: Browser-based data blending between live data models from BW or HANA and import data models
- Data Visualizations: Chart support for short/medium and long text
- Data Visualizations: Waterfall chart for live BW and S/4HANA
- Data Visualizations: Waterfall chart with 4-member color scheme
- Data Visualizations: Alter order of measures in tables for live BW connections
- Data Integration: Transpose columns with unpivot transform
- Data Integration: Import data from sources on different networks and multiple systems on each network
- Data Integration: Share connections with all users
- Data Integration: Geo dimensions can support up to one million members in data preparation
- Data Integration: Live connection to SAP HANA as a Service (HaaS)
- Administration & Infrastructure: Configure Analytics Hub or Analytics Cloud as the default landing page
- Mobile: Add a drawing or text and share screenshots with colleagues
- Mobile: iOS 11.0 update
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
In tables, you can now create “full context” calculations. These calculations apply to a single column or row instead of a member.
Efficiency is key, in tables you can enter values that are less than 1 without the leading 0. For example, you can enter “.194 Million” instead of “0.194 Million”.
For tables, you can now show the option “Reason for unplannable data” for cells that are not input-enabled.
In tables, you can now easily display and enter data for selective unbooked dimension member combinations.
You can now submit data via mass data entry mode into BPC live models.
When creating a Data Action, you can now add Cross-Model Copy Actions that copies data from calculated accounts across models.
Advanced formulas keep on getting better! Now only selected records from version data are loaded by parsing the MEMBERSET functions and all formula statements. Unnecessary FOREACH loop statements are detected in syntax validation.
Please note that you must resave any Data Actions created before release 2019.3 for the performance improvements to be realized.
Find all your information in one place. You can now see context information for your Input Tasks that are listed in the Calendar view. Context allows you to link calendar task or process to any SAC model or story.
You can now use input values from any data version when running a predictive forecast.
Feel like you always need your system administrator for blending? Say no more! Story Designers now can now blend between live models from BW or HANA 2.0 with import data models using your web browser without needing the system administrator to set up Smart Data Integration (SDI).
Furthermore, no additional hardware deployment or licensing is required. Ensure that your SAP BW and HANA systems have the latest SAP Notes applied depending upon your deployment:
SAP Note 2737952 – SAP Analytics Cloud browser blending with SAP BW 7.5
SAP Note 2737953 – SAP Analytics Cloud browser blending with SAP BW/4HANA
Note 1: For Live HANA 2.0 version 2.00.024.05 (EPMMDS 1.00.201815.00) or higher is needed.
Note 2: Browser-based blending is limited to 2MB and is for on-premise HANA.
Charts can now support short, medium, and long text settings specified in BEx queries.
Check this out! We have an exciting list of Waterfall Chart capabilities that are now supported on Live BW and S/4 HANA models:
- Create single-level waterfall chart using any measure
- Add a second dimension
- Select interim totals
- Position parent totals before or after its children
- Decide whether the first measure starts from baseline or aggregated on top of last total
- Hide or show the root node
- Select whether the breakdown values will represent delta or actual values
Add some more color to your charts with this new option to select and create a waterfall color scheme that has four color members. Colors can represent increase, decrease, totals, and intermediate totals. This helps you easily distinguish between totals and intermediate values.
Tables based from live BW data sources now allow you to change the order of the displayed measures. Order altering is not available for measures with hierarchies.
Manage crosstabs with this new unpivot transformation. After applying this transformation to swap columns with rows, each header row will have its own column, and rows of the dataset will become the column headers. You can unpivot up to 50m cells at a time.
Please note that models created with unpivot can only be refreshed if the number of columns is the same as rows, and you will have to use the “import data” workflow to bring in new data with a different structure.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) can now connect to multiple SAP Cloud Connectors (SCC). This allows you to connect to data across different networks, optimizing the locality of the data in the system. This feature allows you to declare distinct locations inside your data source configuration in System> Data source Configuration
Use the SCC’s “Location ID”, to specify which agent to connect to. On-premise connections have an extra “Location ID” for you to fill-in. This works when the SCC is running on different network segments, such as when a firewall separates the SCC from SAC system.
All sources that share connections from live and imported data sources, except for SAP Fieldglass, FileServer and SAP ERP, can now be shared with all users! This applies for both current and future users. Just type “All users” in the input text or select “all users” in the user and team selection panel. You can still pass on Read or Edit access to your users as well.
Want to better enrich your geo maps? The existing limit of 200,000 points of interests has been increased to 1,000,000 when geo enriching a dimension based on latitude and longitudes.
Live connections to SAP HANA 2.0 running on the Cloud Foundry as a service is now supported!
To get started, simply set-up and configure your SAP HANA Analytics Adaptor in your Cloud Foundry application runtime.
Please note: we only support single sign-on only. Currently, geo maps are not yet supported. Browser-based blending and SDI-based data blending is not supported.
For more details on how to install and configure HaaS check out our Guided Playlist.
Administration & Infrastructure
Administrators can now configure either SAP Analytics Hub or SAP Analytics Cloud as the default landing page. This can be done by going to System > Administration > System Configuration.
If you are assigned with an SAP Analytics Hub role, you will then be able to access Hub directly via the main URL: https://<customer>.<dc>.sapanalytics.cloud/
If you are assigned with both SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Analytics Hub roles, you can override the administrator’s setting in your SAC user profile. It’s up to you!
Need to make some quick annotations? You can now add a drawing or text to a Story or Boardroom page in the mobile app. When you’re done, share the screenshot with your colleagues.
Please note that this is currently available on the Story or Boardroom page and not on full screen widget.
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.