This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2019.09. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.227 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Administration & Infrastructure: User & team provisioning API improvements for user properties
- Administration & Infrastructure: Add, remove, and reset folders & file permissions with inheritance
- Planning: Create a Forecast or Rolling Forecast with the Builder Panel
- Planning: Turn calendar tasks into recurring tasks
- Planning: Empty cells are treated as unbooked cells during copy and paste
- Intelligent Enterprise: Extended support for live BW blending use cases
- Data Visualizations: Export tables into Excel files
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
Administration & Infrastructure
Synchronize your user accounts from other systems with default values for the following user preferences:
- SAP Analytics Cloud UI language
- Data access language
- Default date, time, and number formatting
- Email notification settings
- URL to a profile picture
We’ve simplified and improved the share dialog box for your convenience. Now you get visibility into the inheritance of permissions that users & teams are assigned on parent folders. You can choose to break the inheritance at any subfolder level or choose to re-establish inheritance from its parent. To make the dialog box more intuitive, the object owner is displayed, and we have prompting available for you to confirm whether a cascading effect is required. The control is entirely in your hands. You can choose to give specific access levels to multiple users and teams.
Love to build? Easily create a Forecast or Rolling Forecast layout from the Builder Panel without having to use the restricted measures method. Now you can use time as a normal dimension, choose the version to use for look back and add additional look back and look ahead periods.
You can now turn your calendar tasks into recurring tasks. It’s up to you to modify the series and you can still modify one occurrence independent of the whole series. The choice is yours. You can choose to create your recurrence hourly, daily and weekly. End your recurrences anytime you’d like – pick a specific date, after specified number of occurrences or never end it at all!
- Multiple live BW models from same/different BW systems
- Multiple model blending using imported data with live BW models
- Support live HANA SDI and browser blending
- Support BW as primary data source
Are you a spreadhead and do you love spreadsheets? Even if you just like spreadsheets, now you can export tables in point-of-view scope into Excel, as well as to CSV. We also support export in Explorer mode too!
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.