This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2019.10. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.227 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.85 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Multiple date dimensions in planning models
- Analytics Designer: Debug mode
- Analytics Designer: Change cell values in your tables at runtime
- Intelligent Enterprise: Sort measure values with two-structure analytic queries with live BW data connection models
- Smart Assist: Search to Insight brand-new user experience
- Data Visualization: Prevent Viewers from Removing Non-Modifiable Story Filters
- Data Visualization: On-demand Loading of Inactive Values on Story and Page Filters
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
Need to keep track of several time metrics at once? Now you can add multiple date dimensions to your planning models! These dimensions will be supported by the Advanced Planning dialog patterns and can be consumed in Data Actions.
We’ve added three new script commands to help you with…
- Fetching a planning object from the widget’s data source
- Writing data into a cell
- Submitting updated data
This should make changing data at runtime a little more enjoyable!
When you have more than one dimension in the existing structure, you are now able to sort the measure values from lowest to highest and vice versa.
Search to Insight brand-new user experience
Smart Assist just got a whole lot smarter with an updated user experience.
Search to Insight can now be launched from a dedicated icon and offers new user-specific recommendations. Easily search by models or choose to view your insights by the measures and the dimensions in your models.
Guess what we have in store-y for you! To increase the designer’s control, you now have the option to disable the ability for viewers to remove non-modifiable story filters. S(t)orry not s(t)orry!
Summer is coming and there’s no time to waste. That’s why we’ve changed the inactive values in story and page filters to load on-demand and made the story opening time faster than ever before!
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.