Recent Innovations – Smart Predict
The SAP Analytics Cloud Smart Predict is a self-service solution in the cloud supporting data ingestion, predictive model authoring and model management in SAP Analytics Cloud. Below list some of the recent features:
Live Smart Predict against SAP HANA
- Live connectivity to SAP HANA Tables and SQL View as a 1st phase of Live Smart Predict
- Predictions are generated directly in your SAP HANA system
- Functionalities are identical to import data connections
- If Business Analyst update predictions or forecasts leveraging refreshed SAP HANA Tables or SQL View, the Story where they are consumed is refreshed right away
- Business Analyst has to import output dataset via BI models to consume predictions in BI story: direct consumption of predictive output datasets is planned for 2020-Q2
Predictive made accessible for Business Analysts
- Error messages & warnings are more explicit, less technical and more prescriptive. This is the first in a series of Explainable AI(*) features, whereusers are guided towards good decisions using automatic data analysis of input data and predictions. In future we will enable users to
- Understand which influencers reduce predictive accuracy
- Identify when more data is needed and what type of data
- Users can generate individual forecasts for cross dimensions. E.g. future sales by Product-Region.They can define cross dimensions by selecting both dimensions during the forecast configuration.
- Users can check what contributing variables are influencing the trend of the value they are forecasting (weather, holidays, special events)
SAP’s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.