Prior to 2018.22 release of SAP Analytics Cloud, customers had two choices for establishing live connections to their on-premise data systems (i.e. SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP BusinessObjects Universes, etc):
- Live connections via Path (aka: Reverse Proxy approach)
- Live connection via Direct (aka: CORS approach)
As of version 2018.22, creation of Live connections via Direct is the recommended choice.
New customer accounts created on SAP Analytics Cloud version 2018.22 or later will only have the option to create Live connections via Direct. The option for Live connections via Path will not be available.
Accounts created prior to the 2018.22 release will not be impacted. And, if there are existing Path connections created they will continue to be supported. However, it is highly recommended that Live connections are created via Direct going forward.
Direct is our recommendation for the following reasons:
- Connectivity setup is simpler
- For connectivity scenarios within a corporate network, there is no need to deploy additional hardware
- SAP Analytics Cloud embedded scenarios with SSO are not supported via Path approach
Please refer to the SAP Analytics Cloud – Data Connection Guides for more information on setting up live connections via the Direct approach to on-premise data systems.
Register for the SAP Analytics Cloud – Connectivity Deep Dive Webinar hosted by ASUG Business Intelligence SIG on December 12, 2018