Delivering for the On-Premise BI Community
SAP has released SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 in general availability. This follows the successful completion of the beta program announced at TechEd in 2019. It delivers on SAP’s commitment at SAPPHIRE NOW 2018 to a new release of the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite for our on-premise customers.
SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 is designed to help enhance and build upon the on-premise mission critical enterprise reporting use cases that it supports today. It further enables the optimization of existing resources by leveraging on-premise universes, documents and assets in conjunction with the innovations provided by SAP Analytics Cloud. In turn, it supports the acceleration of digital transformation to enable and deliver the intelligent enterprise.
Many organizations are operating in a mixed landscape with on-premise and cloud or multi-cloud technologies and data. With the new release of SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3, SAP supports customers with on-premise needs while enabling cloud interoperability, further enabling organizations to manage all types of analytics across their business.
Reinforcing our commitment to our on-premise customers, SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 will be supported through at least 2027, making it the longest announced supported on-premise BI suite timeline in the industry.
Focus Innovation Areas
The “What’s New Guide for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3” provides some great information. Three key areas of focus and emphasis make up the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 release.
Enhanced Hybrid Capabilities
More and more organizations are looking to use SAP BusinessObjects BI suite and SAP Analytics Cloud together. SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 provides a tighter integration between SAP BusinessObjects BI and SAP Analytics Cloud, including:
- Consumption of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data models with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Reuse of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents to build new reports and assets
- Improved live connectivity between SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BusinessObjects BI universes, and SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents
- Simplified single sign-on (SSO) configuration and user replication and synchronization across on-premise and cloud
- Improved integration with SAP Analytics Hub, allowing SAP BusinessObjects BI content to automatically appear as SAP Analytics Hub assets
Improved User Experience
Harmonize the user experience and foster BI adoption with an experience similar to using the SAP Fiori® UX, including
- A single touch-ready HTML5 SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence client, removing the need for Java and presenting a rejuvenated user experience for use with the Web and desktop
- New BI launchpad offering a modernized user experience with 100% functionality and compatibility with existing content and authorizations
- New SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data model that enables reuse of existing Web Intelligence documents to build new reports, to create, and share business semantics, and associated results sets
- A new SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 mobile experience enabling “analytics on-the-go”, making every Web Intelligence document consumable from everywhere with a responsive UI that works on all devices